Doughnuts and Discounts – Changes to Medicare Part D under the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018
Julie M. Donohue, PhD, and Haiden A. Huskamp, PhD
New England Journal of Medicine, May 24, 2018
Discounted Drugs for Needy Patients and Hospitals — Understanding the 340B Debate
Walid F. Gellad, MD, MPH, and A. Everette James, JD, MBA
New England Journal of Medicine, February 8, 2018
Accelerated Approval and Expensive Drugs — A Challenging Combination
Walid F. Gellad, MD, MPH, and Aaron S. Kesselheim, MD, JD, MPH
New England Journal of Medicine, May 25, 2017
Addressing the Opioid Epidemic in the United States: Lessons From the Department of Veterans Affairs
Walid F. Gellad, MD, MPH, Chester B. Good, MD, MPH, and David J. Shulkin, MD
JAMA Internal Medicine, May 2017
- Hernandez I, He M, Brooks MM, Zhang Y. Exposure-Response Association Between Concurrent Opioid and Benzodiazepine Use and Risk of Opioid-Related Overdose in Medicare Part D Beneficiaries. JAMA Network Open. 2018;1(2):e180919. doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2018.0919
- Anderson, T.S., Good, C.B. & Gellad, W.F. Industry Payments to Academic Physicians: a Comparison of Reporting to Two Government Agencies. J Gen Intern Med (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-018-4527-2
- Donohue, JM, Huskamp, HA. Doughnuts and Discounts – Changes to Medicare Part D under the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018. NEJM. 2018 May 24, 1957-1960.
- Hernandez I, Prasad V, Gellad WF. Total Costs of Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-Cell Immunotherapy. JAMA Oncol. 2018 Apr 26. doi: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2018.0977. [Epub ahead of print]
- Anderson, TS, Lo-Ciganic, WH, Gellad, WF, Zhang, R, Huskamp, HA, Choudhry, NK, Chang, CH, Richards-Shubik, S, Guclu, H, Jones, B, Donohue, JM. Patterns and predictors of physician adoption of new cardiovascular drugs. Healthcare. 2018 Mar;6(1):33-40.
- Radomski TR, Bixler FR, Zickmund SL, Roman KM, Thorpe CT, Hale JA, Sileanu FE, Hausmann LRM, Thorpe JM, Suda KJ, Stroupe KT, Gordon AJ, Good CB, Fine MJ, Gellad WF. Physicians' Perspectives Regarding Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Use Within the Department of Veterans Affairs: a Multi-State Qualitative Study. J Gen Intern Med. 2018 Mar 8. doi: 10.1007/s11606-018-4374-1. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gellad, WF, James AE. Discounted Drugs for Needy Patients and Hospitals - Understanding the 340B Debate. NEJM. 2018 Jan 24, Epub ahead of print. doi: 10.1056/NEJMp1716139.